Sunday 21 April 2013

Weekend Birding

Yesterday, me and my dad went up the coast in search of the Pectoral Sandpiper at Bamburgh. However, we could not see it, so we moved to Stag Rocks, which held a Long-Tailed Duck, 30-odd Arctic Terns, and large numbers of sandwich tern, fulmar and shag. We then moved onto Druridge where we stopped at Druridge Pools first, where I yearticked common tern. Bumped into RF and PC Wanderings who informed me of 4 Snow Geese that had just moved north over Druridge towards East Chev and as they were lifers for both me and my dad, we went straight up! After some looking, my dad spotted them in the fields south of the south pool and we soon got on them.

Today, I visited patch again in the hope of yellow wagtails but no joy, I did get a patch tick in the form of Black-Tailed Godwits on the wetland, 4 summer plumage birds showing well (thanks to MH). Willow Warbler singing his heart out in the willows and a whimbrel flew south this evening. Brings me patch year up to 106.



Black-Tailed Godwit

2 comments:

  1. Nice godwits! Will be checking my flash for them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame we don't see more of these Godwits up here. I've caught up with them in summer plumage many times in Kent. Super images Jack. You sure you didn't give these birds a lick of paint ??? lol

    ReplyDelete