Friday 18 April 2014

Past Week!

A few highlights from the last week, the obvious one being the Crag Martin at Flamborough on Friday, absolutely quality! Watched it for about 10 minutes before drifting south with a Swallow, however it returned and was seen up until Sunday morning! No photos unfortunately, but here are a few photos from Bempton Cliffs: 

 Classic Gannets!

On Monday, I returned to the patch, and found SPP and DH looking over the wetland, little did I know they were looking at an absolute mega for St. Mary's. There was a PAIR OF COOTS on the wetland!! I was also told they were mating, which could suggest the first ever breeding record of Coot at St. Mary's! I also got 4 White Wagtails, 30+ Sandwich Terns, a Grey Plover and 3 Bar-Tailed Godwits flew north.

MEGA!

Then yesterday, I went back down and heard my first Gropper of the year! Possibly my favourite song of all time, and it showed wonderfully!


  Grasshopper Warbler
White Wagtail

No comments:

Post a Comment