Friday 2 January 2009

29-12-08 Big Waters

We decided to go to Big Waters because I wanted to see the little birds at the feeding station with my new Northumberland Wildlife Trust key that I got for Christmas. First, we went into the smaller hide and had a look on the lake. There were plenty of ducks and geese (Mostly greylag geese, wigeon and teal) but that was all. Then we went to the main hide that overlooks the feeding station. When I got there, there was blue tits, great tits, robins, chaffinches and tree sparrow and about 5 siskin. Later a great spotted woodpecker dropped in as well. I got plenty of photos and I liked the siskin because I haven't seen many of them so that was an advantage.
Male Siskin
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Robin
Also I saw a blackcap in my garden on 31/12/08. Here is the photo: