Thursday 19 February 2009

Holywell Pond 18/2/09

We went to Holywell Pond really to make a bird box but when the area to make them was full, we went to the hide to see what was in the feeding station and on the pond. In the feeding station there was just the normal stuff: greenfinches, robin, blue tits and a wren appeared. On the pond, after a few minutes watching mute swans, teal, wigeon and canada goose, 2 great-crested grebes came out of the reeds and swam to the other side of the pond. A lovely view of them!

WrenGreat-Crested Grebes

3 comments:

  1. As if by magic.... great blog Jack, I hope my son Joel (only six) is takeing bird pics as good as yours when he gets to your age. Do you use a camera or digiscope setup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pic of the wren, one of my favourite birds. Well done
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan

    Thanks for the comments, I use a D40X Nikon and a 70-300mm lens. I have tried digiscoping but I haven't got the hang of it yet!

    ReplyDelete